Personal Training Jobs and Internships
Part Time and Full Time
- Have knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and basic exercise science.
- Have an ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific clients.
- Have an ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening and client assessment, initially and progressively.
- Have an ability to execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective way.
- Have a desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise.
- Have an ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health.
- Have the dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness.
- Must understand the requirements of sales and client growth. Training will be provided.
- Candidate must practice the ideals of a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Have previous training experience.
- Hold current CPR certifications.
- Hold a current accredited certification for training. Specialization of experience in niche markets is a plus.
A great personal trainer delivers safe, effective, fun and interesting workouts (in that order) to all fitness-training clients. The training programs you develop should be varied and progressive, and geared toward improving your clients’ health and wellness. As a trainer, you should be enthusiastic and supportive, so that your clients remain interested and stimulated, which helps ensure they stick with the program — and with you.
- Complete 30/60/90 day goal sheets to determine intern’s needs for growth and development.
- Complete all assignments on time, as they reflect for 30/60/90 day development.
- Learn to complete successful client consultations and fitness assessments.
- Shadow seasoned personal training staff.
- Train clients one-on-one, completing program design and demonstrating professionalism.
- Continually assess client development for necessary changes in program design.
- Participate in weekly meetings with management to discuss needs for growth and development.
- Participate in all staff meetings and events for the company as scheduled.
- Learn the psychology and sales techniques necessary to grow a fitness brand.
- Learn the maintenance and daily functional activities of a gym.
- Learn the current needs of branding on social media and marketing.
- Track all hours and assignments to be approved by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A personal training internship is an unpaid position
- All interns must be currently enrolled in an accredited educational source for a personal training career to include but not limited to college, university, community college, and personal training certification courses.
- A desire to learn from seasoned staff in the industry ranging from business ownership, management, and personal trainers.
- A positive, can do attitude.
- A sense of urgency and timeliness. Punctuality is a must.
- A commitment to completion of all assignments and duties, as assigned.
- A positive attitude and representation of the Nu-U Fitness brand.
- Originality and out of the box thinking as it pertains to marketing, branding, and fitness program design.
With a successful internship completion, Nu-U Fitness will consider offering employment to those who present themselves to be a positive reflection of the up and coming fitness industry, as well will be an asset to the Nu-U Fitness brand.
Marketing and Social Media
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, and other media accounts.
- Track social media analytics using multiple software platforms and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
- Create a long term social media plan and use the current marketing calendar to assist.
- Assist owner in building a social media strategy.
Background/major in marketing, communications, or other related discipline.
- WordPress Design
- Social Media